Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response and Resources
Telligen is monitoring COVID-19 and information provided by national and state resources to share with providers, partners, and stakeholders that we work with. We want to help you stay informed with Telligen events focused on COVID-19, important news and updates from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with recommendations from state public health departments for the safety of our communities.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for All Provider Types and Patients – This toolkit has been developed with resources from the CDC and other sources to help build COVID-19 vaccine confidence among healthcare workers and people with Medicare.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Education Resource – Resource document for Long-Term Care staff and residents.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts (Available in English and Spanish) – A short video provided by the Aurora Health Alliance that supplies facts about the COVID-19 Vaccines.
- State Strategies for Ongoing Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Resident and Staff COVID-19 Vaccination. This document outlines strategies for continued vaccination of COVID-19 in long-term care settings.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit for Community-Based Organizations – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) created this toolkit for Community-Based Organizations to help build confidence in this important new vaccine. The toolkit will help Community-Based Organizations educate community members about COVID-19 vaccines, raise awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and address common questions and concerns. It contains a variety of free resources such as posters/flyers, newsletter content, vaccination sticker templates, and more.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit – Medical centers, clinics, and clinicians can use or adapt these ready-made materials to build confidence about COVID-19 vaccination among healthcare teams and staff. This toolkit also provides resources that can be used to educate patients and answer questions about the vaccines.
- Best Practices on Vaccine Storage and Handling – An Addendum with best practices and other resources has been added to CDC’s Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit to assist COVID-19 vaccination providers with proper storage and handling of COVID-19 vaccines and aims to help providers meet the requirements of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement. The Addendum will be updated with specific information for each COVID-19 product. You may sign up for email updates anytime the toolkit is updated.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for HCP – A new web-on-demand module, COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers, is now available for healthcare providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccine. The training includes information about COVID-19 vaccine emergency use authorizations, vaccine safety, and general information about vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
Additional CDC materials about the vaccine recommendation process, vaccine safety, and the Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program:
- How CDC is Making Vaccine Recommendations
- Ensuring COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program FAQs
- COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting Data Systems
- EARLY RELEASE: The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine – United States, December 2020
- Importance of COVID-19 Vaccination for Residents of Long-term Care Facilities
- Post Vaccine Considerations for Healthcare Personnel
- Post Vaccine Considerations for Residents
- Telligen Events Archive – Infection prevention presentations and webinar recordings
- Latest CDC Data on COVID-19 Racial and Ethnic Disparities Released
- Proposed Policies for the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program Expanded Model (MDPP) for the Calendar Year 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Trump Administration Announces New Resources to Protect Nursing Home Residents Against COVID-19
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Data and Inspections Results Available on Nursing Home Compare
- Trump Administration Unveils Enhanced Enforcement Actions Based on Nursing Home COVID-19 Data and Inspection Results
- NHSN COVID-19 Module Enrollment Guide: 4 Step Guide to Enroll in the NHSN System
- Trump Administration Issues Second Round of Sweeping Changes to Support U.S. Healthcare System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- New and Expanded Flexibilities for Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE)
- CMS Issues Guidance Allowing Independent Freestanding Emergency Departments to Provide Care to Medicare and Medicaid Beneficiaries during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- CMS Issues New Wave of Infection Control Guidance Based on CDC Guidelines to Protect Patients and Healthcare Workers from COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources for Addressing Substance Use in Rural Communities
- Getting the Most Out of the CMS COVID-19 Targeted Training
- COVID-19 and Cardiovascular Disease Partner Toolkit
- COVID-19 Testing in Nursing Home Compendium
- Tips for Staying Connected in Long-Term Care Communities
- Preparing for Difficult Decisions
- Have You Changed?
- AHA – Addressing Emotions on the Front Lines
- AHA – Proactive Conversations that Support Providers and Patients
- CMS Issues Nursing Homes Best Practices Toolkit to Combat COVID-19
- National Council on Aging: Tools to Help Stay Close While We are Apart
- COVID-19 Workforce Virtual Toolkit: Resources for Healthcare Decision-Makers Responding to COVID-19 Workforce Concerns
- General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Toolkit
- COVID-19 Partner Toolkit
- Tips for Nursing Home Staff for Successful Virtual Visits
- Quick Guide to Implementing Telehealth in Nursing Homes During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Information from state public health departments:
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades – COVID-19
CDC Clinician Hotline:
- 24/7 Hotline Answered by Clinicians (770) 488-7100
National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
COVID-19 is having an enduring impact on behavioral health, with stay-at-home orders and physical distancing contributing to loneliness and, for many, a sense of hopelessness. Moving suicide prevention forward during the pandemic is essential. Recent policy developments are already underway, including proposed legislation to transition the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline from its 1-800-273-8255 number to an easy-to-remember, three-digit number (9-8-8) and include mental health crisis response.
December 7 @ 10:30 am - 11:15 am CST
December 8 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am CST
December 8 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
December 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CST
December 14 @ 10:30 am - 11:15 am CST
To access recent events, click here.