- This event has passed.
Mouth Care Matters: Impact on Cardiac Health and Diabetes
April 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
This Telligen webinar with Carol van Aernam will help you learn how to help improve the oral health of many of our elderly, including its impact on cardiac health and considerations for people with diabetes.
- Learn about the oral systemic link, periodontal disease and how it relates to cardiac health
- Learn how prevention of oral disease helps to reduce the risk for a heart attack
- Identify the latest antibiotic pre-medication guidelines for cardiac conditions and dental treatment
- Understand how the side effects of dry mouth (xerostomia) from diabetes and medications affect oral health
- Gain knowledge of improvements in oral health and overall health of those we serve
About the Speaker:
Carol Van Aernam, RDH, BA is a dental hygienist consultant for Iowa CareGivers in Indianola, Iowa. Carol worked in private dental practice for several years and retired from the Veterans Affairs Central Iowa Health Care System after 35 years. She specializes in geriatric care and has presented programs to nursing home personnel, dieticians, dentists, dental hygienists and other caregivers. She presented a national webinar on aspiration pneumonia. She has been an adjunct instructor for Des Moines Area Community College and the University Of Iowa College Of Dentistry. She is a core and mouth care matters instructor.
September 26 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm CDT
September 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT
September 26 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CDT
September 28 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
September 29 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm CDT