HQIC Recent Events
COVID-19 Vaccine: Reasons Not to be Afraid (February 2, 2021)
Dr. Anuj Mehta, Assistant Professor of Medicine with Denver Health and Hospital Authority, discussed why some healthcare providers and patients are vaccine hesitant and provided answers to the following questions:
- How does immunity work?
- What are mRNA vaccines, and should I trust them?
- What is the current data on safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine?
Dr. Mehta is a fellowship trained, board-certified pulmonary-critical care specialist. He holds adjunct appointments at National Jewish Health and the University of Colorado and serves as the Chair of the Governor’s Expert Emergency Epidemic Response Committee (GEEERC) on Vaccine Allocation.
HQIC CAH and Rural Hospital Office Hours: COVID-19 Support (December 16, 2020)
Dr. Wilson and Dr. Young, emergency medicine physicians, hosted a discussion on COVID-19 testing for essential workers and factors to consider when developing safe return to work policies.
Dr. Wilson and Dr. Young addressed the following objectives:
- COVID-19 exposures, transmission, and testing methods
- Common challenges surrounding employee testing and facilitating a safe return to work
- The unique impact COVID-19 staffing challenges have on rural and critical access hospitals
- Strategies for promoting employee safety, mitigating staffing shortages, and developing return to work policies
June 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
June 15 @ 10:30 am - 11:15 am CDT
June 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
June 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
June 17 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
To access recent events, click here.