Infection Prevention and Control Resources
Helpful resources to support nursing homes with infection prevention during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond:
- National Nursing Home Training Series – Through the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Program, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosts a weekly webinar series (every Thursday, 4-5 pm ET) to provide training for infection control processes in nursing homes.
- Guidebook for Infection Prevention and Control Preparedness – A resource to assist nursing homes with infection prevention (IP) quality improvement initiatives. The guidebook includes information, strategies, and example process measures to guide you through a PDSA cycle based on your IP assessment improvement areas.
- Hand Hygiene Competency Validation – A tool to conduct observation audits of hand hygiene and track compliance.
- Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Tool for Long Term Care (LTC) Facilities – A tool intended to assist in the assessment of infection control programs and practices.
- Fishbone Diagram Worksheet – A tool to walk you through a root cause analysis (RCA).
- PDSA Worksheet – A tool to guide you through the steps to conduct a Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) process or cycle.
- PPE Audit Tool – A tool to conduct observation audits of donning and doffing PPE and track compliance.
- Infection Prevention Resource List – A one-stop shop for infection prevention resources provided and updated by Telligen.
- When to Use Root Cause Analysis – Root cause analysis (RCA) is a problem solving method. It is a process to investigate an incident, failure, actual or potential problem or concern that indicates a need for deeper understanding of the reasons why the event occurred. However, not every incident, failure or problem will need a RCA completed. This tool will help teams determine when and for what events a thorough RCA should be completed.
There are no upcoming events at this time.