Dear Telligen partners:
We wanted to let you know about some important news that will affect the quality improvement support that Telligen provides to your organization as a Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO).
As you may know, Telligen has been preparing for a new project cycle to continue to serve you as quality improvement partner. Last week, we learned that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has delayed the start of this project cycle until the fall of 2019. This delay affects all QIN-QIOs – not just Telligen – and will impact the work we can do for you after July 17, 2019.
Here’s what we know right now:
- The QIN-QIO project is one of many projects Telligen runs for federal, state and local governments. We want to reassure you that Telligen remains your trusted source for quality improvement resources and consulting.
- We fully expect to resume the QIN-QIO project in the fall. CMS projects that this could be between September and November 2019.
- It’s possible that Telligen may serve different states during the next CMS project cycle. If that happens, please be assured that you will still enjoy QIN-QIO support like that you have received from Telligen.
- When it begins, the next project cycle will allow us to work with organizations like yours on new facets of healthcare quality improvement. This will likely include resources to support nursing homes adapting to new federal regulations. Other areas of emphasis will address opioid misuse and other behavioral health disorders, as well as ways to better identify and manage chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease. Once CMS makes project assignments in the fall we will share more.
In the meantime, here’s what you can expect from Telligen:
- The current QIN-QIO project ends on Wednesday, July 17, 2019. The project will restart once CMS makes its QIN-QIO assignments in the fall.
- Our staff will keep its commitments for any speaking engagements at conferences made through the summer. Other assignments, such as serving as representatives for community coalitions or leading task forces, will likely resume in the fall once CMS starts the next QIN-QIO project. This includes the Telligen Weekly Digest newsletter and any other regular QIN-QIO communications you have been receiving.
- You can still talk to us! Our team is here to take your calls and answer your questions. We are committed to share updates with you as they become available.
Please feel free to contact your quality improvement advisor or call us at 515-440-8600 with any questions or concerns and we will do our best to get the answers you need. Many thanks for your patience during this transition.