Sixty percent of nursing home adverse events – including pressure ulcers, medication errors, falls and infections – are deemed preventable and it’s estimated that one in five nursing home residents suffers preventable harm.
The Telligen QIN-QIO works with nursing homes to help them achieve their goal of providing high-quality, person-centered care. The National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative enables Telligen to engage nursing homes in quality improvement work using a Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) framework.
Explore topics and resources selected especially for nursing homes with these Telligen toolkits:
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Clostridium difficile (CDI) Prevention for Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Improve Your Quality Measures Do-It-Yourself Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Pressure Ulcer/Injury Prevention Toolkit
- Antipsychotic Medication Use in Dementia Care Toolkit
- Bowel and Bladder Incontinence Toolkit
- Fall Prevention Toolkit
- Pain Prevention Toolkit
- Organizational Essentials to Improve Star Rating Toolkit
Download our fact sheet to learn more about this healthcare quality improvement work.
National Healthcare Safety Network Trailblazers Announced
Nursing homes recognized by Telligen as National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Trailblazers have contributed nearly two years of Clostridiodes difficile (C. diff) infection information to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) NHSN database. The database tracks C. diff infections in nursing homes to help nursing homes and the CDC learn more about the scale and severity of this potentially life-threatening illness. See if your facility is an NHSN Trailblazer and download a free marketing toolkit to help promote your achievement!
Elizabeth Schulte Mullins