Sixty percent of nursing home adverse events – including pressure ulcers, medication errors, falls and infections – are deemed preventable and it’s estimated that one in five nursing home residents suffers preventable harm.
The Telligen QIN-QIO works with nursing homes to help them achieve their goal of providing high-quality, person-centered care. The National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative enables Telligen to engage nursing homes in quality improvement work using a Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) framework.
Explore topics and resources selected especially for nursing homes with these Telligen toolkits:
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Clostridioides difficile (CDI) Prevention for Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Improve Your Quality Measures Do-It-Yourself Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Pressure Ulcer/Injury Prevention Toolkit
- Antipsychotic Medication Use in Dementia Care Toolkit
- Bowel and Bladder Incontinence Toolkit
- Fall Prevention Toolkit
- Pain Prevention Toolkit
- Organizational Essentials to Improve Star Rating Toolkit
Download our fact sheet to learn more about this healthcare quality improvement work.
Now Updated! Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Quality Measure Rating Calculation Tool
Check out the newly updated Telligen’s Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Quality Measure Rating Calculation Tool to see your Five-Star Quality Measure (QM) Total Quality Measure Score and Overall Quality Measure Star Rating! This tool is based on the updated April 2019 Five-Star QM System Technical Users’ Manual and includes QM point calculations for short and long-stay QMs.
Elizabeth Schulte Mullins