Cardiac Rehabilitation: Saving Lives, Improving Health
Cardiac rehabilitation (CR) saves lives, helps restores health and helps prevents disease in the future. Unfortunately it is vastly underutilized. You can change that. This two-part course features Dr. Janet Wright, the executive director of Million Hearts®, a national initiative co-led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with the goal of preventing one million acute cardiovascular events by 2022.
In part one of this webinar she introduces the new Cardiac Rehabilitation Change Package (CRCP) which outlines process improvements that champions can implement as they seek optimal CR utilization. In part two, she answers webinar participants’ questions such as
- What type of patient could benefit from CR and how are they typically identified or referred for the program?
- How exactly is CR different from other types of physical therapy or rehabilitation?
- How long is a patient typically in CR?
- How do you know when a patient has met their goal with CR?
- What can providers do to help ensure the services are utilized by the patients who can benefit most?
Registration is required to access this course.