Psychopharmacology Meeting for Long Term Care Communities with Tracking Tool
The Psychopharmacology (“PsychPharm”) Meeting is an opportunity for the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to review psychotropic medication usage in the nursing home to ensure that:
- Medications are being prescribed for appropriate indications.
- Dose reductions are attempted at the required interval, unless contraindicated.
- Documentation justifies the continued use of medication.
- Non-pharmacological, person-centered approaches to treat symptoms have been attempted, documented and care planned.
Download the tools
- Psychopharmacology Meeting for Long Term Care Communities Instructions (78 downloads)
- Psychopharmacology Tracking Tool (82 downloads)