As the Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for Colorado, Illinois and Iowa, Telligen is a recognized leader in quality improvement and advancing population health at the local, state and federal levels. Telligen’s mission as a QIN-QIO is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and value of services delivered to people with Medicare through healthcare quality improvement initiatives that:
- Increase patient safety
- Make communities healthier
- Better coordinate post-hospital care
- Improve healthcare quality
The QIN-QIO program is one of the largest federal programs dedicated to improving health quality for people with Medicare. For more than 40 years, Telligen has been instrumental in advancing the QIN-QIO program’s national efforts to motivate providers in improving quality, and in measuring and improving outcomes of quality. As the current QIN-QIO contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) concludes, Telligen is looking back at five years of quality improvement successes. View a summary of Telligen’s work.
Throughout these five years, Telligen has provided support to partners on a variety of quality improvement initiatives. Click the links below for a one-page visual review of our successes!
- Quality Payment Program
- Quality Reporting and Improvement
- Nursing Home Care
- Cardiac Health
- Diabetes Care
- Care Coordination
- Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative
- Antibiotic Stewardship
Looking to the Future
In August of 2019, CMS will launch a new QIO contract with its mission to increase performance of the healthcare system both by increasing quality and reducing burden associated with achieving that quality. CMS will leverage partners – like Telligen – to further advance national priorities, such as:
- Combating the opioid crisis to decrease opioid-related deaths by 7% by implementing pain and opioid use best practices
- Reducing provider burden (decrease burden associated with non-value added administrative tasks by 33%)
- Driving value-based approaches to transforming healthcare by using the Medicare program as a powerful platform for driving change, including:
- Prevent 720,000 individuals from developing chronic kidney disease (CKD) or progressing to (end-stage renal disease (ESRD);
- Prevent 1 million cardiovascular events;
- Prevent 76,000 Medicare beneficiaries from developing diabetes;
- Reduce by 20% all cause harm in hospitals;
- Reduce hospital admissions by 8% nationally, and reduce hospital readmissions by 10% nationally; and
- Improve long-term care quality in 9,700 nursing homes, especially one- and two-star homes.
If you or your organization is interested in partnering with Telligen on this upcoming quality improvement contract, please fill out this form and we will contact you shortly.